Saturday 3 July 2010

Two months

Wow - two months old already. How did that happen? And what a difference in the last few weeks! Marisca has the most beautiful smile which makes our hearts melt - it's lovely to know that she is happy, and now she responds to us which makes us feel like a proper family.

The big development this month has been Marisca's awareness of the world around her. When she lies on her playmat it's obvious she's looking at the toys hanging over her, and when she's in her bouncy chair she'll watch me as I wander backwards and forwards. I find myself giving her a running commentary on the jobs I'm doing, and it all seems endlessly fascinating to her!



Marisca is also getting more musical - she has a range of coos and sighs, which are wonderful to hear. I can spend hours smiling at her and cooing back. Not sure yet if she'll grow up to be a soprano or an alto...

And it's true what they say - life does get easier. We're starting to get into a 'pattern' if not a routine in the days, with fairly fixed morning starts and bed times. I can generally tell what Marisca's cries are for, and they are different for hunger, tiredness etc. so I can tell what to do to make her happy. She loves walks in the pram with Daddy, cuddles after feeds with Mummy and time spent at coffee mornings with other babies. I'm loving every minute of our life together so far, and looking forward to what the next months will bring :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment