Tuesday 7 September 2010

Four months




Carrying Marisca round the house this morning I noticed how long she has got - my little girl is getting bigger! She's definitley out of the 0-3 month clothes now, and we have said goodbye to some of her dresses with sadness. Still, lots of exciting new clothes to grow into, so that's good fun.


Marisca now loves sitting up and pulls herself forwards when she's in her bouncy chair. The bumbo seat willl come into it's own now as she is much more upright in that. As in the last few months, her awareness of the world around her has increased: she reaches out for anything I am holding and gets it into her mouth. So beware if you are holding her along with a TV remote, book, cup of tea etc...


With this increased awareness comes increased boredom - Marisca's tolerance for anything is much lower than it used to be. She's happiest when I'm right next to her to hand her toys, sing her songs and smile at her. While I love doing this it does mean no housework gets done, so every now and again she has to put up with less attention from me while I wash up/put the washing on/cook dinner. She does not like this! I'm looking forward to her learning to play by herself in the coming months so that I get a few minutes to clean the house and reduce my stress levels.


Talking of playing, I'm aware how limited my range of songs and games are. We're starting 'baby college' this week, which should teach us lots more games to play together! It's time to get out and about more so I've made a list of local sure start centres and toddler groups. The housework still won't get done, but we'll be having too much fun to care!

1 comment:

  1. I can recommend TumbleTots when she gets to 6 months. http://www.tumbletots.com/index.php My mum worked for them for a long time, and Vanda turned out OK after going through all their classes!

    ReplyDelete