Friday 8 April 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I had to wait eleven months, but I finally got to celebrate Mother's Day:


Here I am with my beautiful daughter and her present to me. The mug was originally full of chocolates - they hadn't all been eaten by the time this photo was taken but didn't last long!

To celebrate Mother's Day we headed off to Woburn Safari park. Despite living so close, we had never been before and thought we should enjoy it before we move.  Marisca wore her zebra dungarees to try to blend in with the animals.



As it was Mother's Day I got to carry Marisca in the sling - something Tim and I both love doing and usually both want to do.  There were lots of families there with their children, but we didn't see any other slings.  I'll save my thoughts on that for another post... Marisca enjoyed herself, saying hello to the goats:


And the penguins:



We also went for a drive round the safari park bit, which allowed Tim to use his telephoto lens while we all got up close to some rather impressive animals:






I had a lovely day, really enjoyed the park, but enjoyed it even more for sharing it with my beautiful girl. Seeing her delight and interest in the animals was lovely: such a difference from the little scrap of a thing we took for a walk on Father's Day.  We're planning lots more adventures over the summer and I can't wait to share them with Marisca...

No comments:

Post a Comment