Tuesday 19 July 2011

Tewkesbury and a christening

Many years ago, pre-Marisca (and pre-Tim!!) I sang in an amazing Church choir in Reading. Time passed and we all went our separate ways, but I kept in touch with Philip, the choir master. This weekend he invited me to Tewkesbury, to sing evensong with his choir. I jumped at the chance to meet up with old friends and have a good sing!

While I rehearsed:

Marisca explored the Abbey:


And showed Tim her new skill of climbing on to benches:


She was very well-behaved during the service, of course, and fell asleep in the car on the way to Tim's parents.  If only she had stayed asleep that night, but that's a different story!

It really was a lovely day for me - I had forgotten how much I enjoy singing church music in the setting of a service.  It's spurred me on to find a good choir or two here: probably not through the Church we go to, but certainly locally.

To round off a busy weekend, we headed to Cambridgeshire on Sunday for the Christening of Eve, Tim's new goddaughter.  Here are the parents, godparents and Eve, inbetween the showers:


After that it was a drive back up the A1 to home.  Marisca coped really well with all the time in the car this weekend, but we won't be doing that much travelling again for a while.  It's unfair to keep her in the car for that long when she really wants to be out and about exploring!

1 comment:

  1. I always like Marisca's exploring expressions :)

    ReplyDelete