Wednesday 9 May 2012

Visiting a farm park

For her birthday treat we went to a farm park.  The girl likes her animals (I suspect every two-year-old does) and her soft play (ditto) and her charioteering (?).

We started off with the soft play, which was blissfully empty: fewer than a dozen children there meant Marisca had most of it to herself, particularly the areas for smaller children.  She did naughtily play in the 'under 2' area though.  Here she is, enjoying a slide.  At least, I think she is.  She always loved slides the best but seems to have gone off them a bit.  If we can convince her to give them a go then she will enjoy it and ask to go again immediately, but she has got a bit cautious.

I wish I'd learned from that caution.  Later on I took her on a fearsome double drop slide (it's the blue one here: I didn't dare go on the red one, even by myself).  She really really loved that, but in my excitement I suffered unpleasant rope burn on my left hand fingertips in getting off the slide and back to Elspeth.  I still can't type properly and this was a week ago.  Ooops.


There were trampolines!  Lots of fun for a girl who loves jumping.


So he we are admiring some pigs.  She really enjoyed the pigs in particular.  I think the lambs were too noisy for her to really enjoy them close up.  She did sit on one of my arms while I bottle fed a big thirsty lamb with the other (well, with a bottle held in the hand at the end of the other) though, which was quite brave.


I love her little face here as she holds a ferret for Marisca to laugh at.


Another nice day - we were so lucky with the weather.  Playing in the park.


I told you about the chariot, right?  Elspeth is one cool biker chick, and Marisca stands on the footplate going "faster faster faster".  Highlight of the holiday.


Back with the animals and Marisca's favourite thing is to point at them, tell us what they are, and then make their noise.  It's rabbits in the second photo, and no, she doesn't really know what noise a rabbit makes so does a little hopping motion instead.



And the absolute best bit?  Every time we left some animals we had to "wash hands.  wash hands.  wash hands.  wash hands."

1 comment: