Monday 17 December 2012

Reindeer Stampede

I ran in a 5km race last weekend!  It's something of a surprise really, as I would never have thought myself a runner.  I always liked sport but running seemed particularly pointless.  And when I started running earlier in the year, a race of 5km (that's about half an hour at my speed) with & against other people would have seemed impossible, as I found running for 2 minutes in a row impossible.

But there you go, application of self in the cause of improving fitness and enjoyment, led to this.  And the race itself was rather fun, I even look like I'm enjoying myself in the picture below, although I did select a photograph of me after I spotted the camera...  Probably more a fun run than a race (see antlers below).  

I found myself not last, finishing in 27:26, including carrying Marisca for the last 10 yards!  It was nice to have family support, and they got their reward for it with a chance to sit in the cafe with hot chocolate, and then a free mince pie for Marisca.  


I also enjoyed my post-race mince pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment