Monday 4 February 2013

The end of the snow

I really want to write about Thomas' baptism yesterday, but everything will be all out of order if I don't do this one first.  The fortnight of snow ended with the biggest snowfall of all, many inches deep, overnight on Friday night.  We decided to make use of the fact that it was the weekend to go for a snowy walk.  Just down to the canal and along and up through the village, nothing too strenuous or cold.  

Still it was good enough reason for Thomas to get wrapped up in his snow suit and sling, as shown below.


It was such a lovely morning - snow everywhere, bright sunshine, and mist in the valley.  This bit is usually a lot greener:


And of course Saltaire looks great in the snow, as it does without it.  It's nice to take a few snaps with my camera knowing I'll have many years of snowy scenes ahead to get out and spend proper time doing snow photographs.



And lastly, well, the snow went.  The rain came down and the floods came up and the snow virtually all disappeared overnight.  Elspeth finished knitting Marisca's hat and I made the pompom (to feature in a later post, I'm sure).  The photo below, of a very grown-up looking girl, wasn't strictly in the snow, but it's so nice and if I don't tell anyone I'm sure you won't.



No comments:

Post a Comment