Saturday 2 August 2014

Australia: running

I went all the way to Australia and took my running kit.  I was only really expecting to pootle around Chris' local parkrun, getting a few cheers for being British and a photo of my Saltaire Striders vest on tour.  Actually I ended up doing Sandgate parkrun twice, Newy parkrun once, and having two morning run outs with Chris too.  Plus learning the power of chocolate milk.

The parkruns were nice but rather flat.  And early in the morning making breakfast tricky.  But it is nice to be running at that time in the morning, even if it's funny seeing Australians wrapped up warm for their 'winter' runs.  I did struggle with dehydration on most of the runs but put in a couple of good times in the parkruns, and had my first yoga experience too.

A few photos below of Sandgate parkrun.




No comments:

Post a Comment